Monday, July 15, 2013

God gives opportunities..

Sometimes inspiration hits ya when you're least expecting it and in the strangest of places.  Tonight, it's while laying in bed at a Holiday Inn with Evan Almighty playing in the background.

It hit me faster than drawing an eleven at a blackjack table....

I've always believed you shouldn't pray to God for something that you can do for yourself and/or for others, and that's about as far as I processed that thought.  I also have always believed my daddy's advice to never pass up an opportunity.  I just didn't know exactly why it was that important of advice.

Until I heard Morgan Freeman's voice in the background...

God: Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?-   Quote from 2007 movie, Evan Almighty

What opportunities have you been given, perhaps even ignoring,  to have your prayers answered?

Sometimes God's answer to a prayer IS the window.


1 comment:

  1. Hey there! So glad I found you. And I am especially glad that your business has a blog. :) I've been meaning to come in and check out your store. I'll have to make it a point to do so. I pass by it every single day going to and from work.

    ReplyDelete