Monday, December 8, 2014

Vinterest Antiques Logo

Lawd have mer-ceeee, a lot has occurred since my last "blog."  I'm going to try and provide the "Reader's Digest" version.

In a year's time, we sold University Pickers, and I got promoted to a Regional Manager for a big-box retail store, moved my family to Atlanta, got a "title change" and went from overseeing an Atlanta territory of 20+ stores to 6 states and 53 stores in a matter of months.  To the world, I was living the dream!  My job supplied a 6 figure income, company car, iphone 5, laptop, gas card, paid travel expenses, home office, scheduling flexibility.... you name it! And then one day, I came home in tears to my husband saying,  "This" is not what I'm supposed to be doing.

There's not a logical way to explain walking away from "that" to anyone.

After a weekend filled with lots of tears, fears, thinking I've gone mad, and tons of nerves, the Mr. and I decided to place a bet on ourselves, go all in, and launch "Vinterest Antiques," and strategically place it in a Chattanooga, Tenn., neighborhood town called Hixson, Tenn.

I'll tell you how I mustered up THAT courage and justified the decision in my mind in an upcoming blog.

Anyways, Oct. 31st was my last day as a "professional" in the corporate world.  To celebrate, I dyed my hair purple, but not before first calling my father and letting him know that the purple hair was "happening" and to remind him that I was not on drugs and yes, I still love Jesus.

I had spent more than 1/2 my life dedicated to an organization that truthfully didn't care if I stayed or went.  I grieved a lot through the transition.  After all, every stitch of clothes that I owned and every material belonging that meant anything to me can all be traced back to what that organization provided.  The relationships and friendships that I built through that experience are now lifetime.

Now, we find ourselves in the middle of constructing our dream with little to no safety nets.  Thus, the creation of our logo.  I kept saying to the Mr., we will just have to build our own wings on the way down, as we jumped absolutely terrified into self-employment.

We have now taken over a 16,000 warehouse that sits on an 1 acre lot.  With a tight deadline of opening in January, the Mr. and I are both working around the clock.   So far, our "wings" seem to be working!  Thank you to all of you for your support and words of encouragement.  There's no way we could do this without the love from our family and friends near and far.

Stay tuned for GRAND OPENING information!!  Attentively mark your calendars for Jan. 3rd. Eek!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment